Tsumami-Zaiku Jewellery Making Workshop
Learn to make 'Tsumami Zaiku' inspired Jewellery
Learn the art of Japanese traditional craft, Tsumami Zaiku. This 3 hours workshop will provide you hands-on skills in fabric/material choice, basic techniques and step by step process to make a flower-shaped ring from square-cut pieces of upcycled cloth. Choose your favorite fabrics, make your own Tsumami Zaiku jewellery piece and bring home your very own unique jewellery piece.
About your Facilitator
Ayaka is a Tsumami Zaiku artist who was born in Japan and came to Melbourne to do a Masters degree in 2015. Ayaka is in the Space 2Fly training and mentoring program at Space 2b since last November to improve her products by incorporating the traditional Japanese art form of Tsumami Zaiku into a contemporary design. In this her first workshop, Ayaka will share her skills and knowledge of Tsumami Zaiku which helps you to continue making the intricate craftworks at home.
- The traditional Japanese craft of Tsumami Zaiku (Tsumami means pinching, Zaiku means workmanship).
- Overview of Tsumami Zaiku which has its roots in the sustainable society in the Edo Period, more than 200 years ago.
- Japanese Tsumami Zaiku techniques, including 2 basic pinching skills. Intricate, beautiful and economical designs and tips for choosing fabrics and materials.
- All fabrics and materials to make your Tsumami Zaiku and tweezers.
- Your enthusiasm to learn!
Casual and comfortable clothing.
Beginners 12+yrs old
Space2b Social Design requires 48 hours notice via email prior to the start of a class or event for a full refund or transfer. Refunds and transfers will not be processed if cancellation occurs within 48 hours of the event commencing. We do not offer refunds for missed classes. There are no fees for refunds or transfers. For cancellations prior to the 48 hour cut off, email Space2b Social Design to organise a refund or transfer
No refunds on ticket purchases at this stage unless we cancel an event. If we cancel an event we will refund you your ticket purchase or you may put it towards another of our events if there are tickets still available.